U.S. Government Publications
Search this Collection
The State Library's collection of U.S. government publications covers a broad range of subject areas with a focus on Oregon and the Pacific Northwest. Areas include:
- social, economic, and population statistics
- health and social services
- public policy, law and government
- environmental and natural resources
- U.S. Public Works Administration
- PWA administered a comprehensive public works program to promote and stabilize employment during the 1930s.
- U.S. Transportation
- The Department of Transportation ensures a fast, safe, efficient, accessible, and convenient transportation system that meets our vital national interests and enhances the quality of life of the American people, today and into the future.
- U.S. Veterans Affairs
- The Department of Veterans Affairs operates programs benefiting Veterans and members of their families: It offers education opportunities and rehabilitation services and provides compensation payments for disabilities or death related to military service, home loan guaranties, pensions, burials, and health care.
- U.S. Works Progress Administration
- WPA employed millions of unemployed people to carry out public works, art, and other cultural projects during the 1930s.