Baldwin Saloon in The Dalles, Or.

Cast iron facade of the Baldwin Saloon in The Dalles. The Baldwin Brothers, James and John, opened the saloon in 1876, and Dr. Charlie Allen was the second owner. Allen used the title "doctor" although his previous occupation was merely selling and adjusting eyeglasses. He had caduceus (medical insignia) included in the cast iron facade made especially for this building by Golden State Iron Works of San Francisco., Courtesy of Oregon State Library
Abstract/Description: Cast iron facade of the Baldwin Saloon in The Dalles. The Baldwin Brothers, James and John, opened the saloon in 1876, and Dr. Charlie Allen was the second owner. Allen used the title "doctor" although his previous occupation was merely selling and adjusting eyeglasses. He had caduceus (medical insignia) included in the cast iron facade made especially for this building by Golden State Iron Works of San Francisco.
Subject(s): Historic buildings
Bars (Drinking establishments)
Cast-iron fronts (Architecture)
Oregon--Dalles